Dota Heroes 1.3.3 File Upload for Testing

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 am
by pureevil29 Master Sergeant of Newerth | 248 Posts

Ok Guys I am releasing the Beta of the latest version of Dota Heroes for HON LAN (ver. 1.3.3 Beta)

This is meant for testers only! Specially in 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 games.

File: http://www.filefront.com/17165615/Dota Heroes 1.3.3 Beta Test.rar

Please test specially the heroes that have been changed, remade or re balanced. (Specially Broodmother, Jedi, Sith Lord, Wich King (Sordit), Spectre, Pagan, Omega, Ignus, Arcane Sorcerer, Mixturer, Phantom Lancer and Minotaur.

Any bugs, suggestions or balance issues you find please post it here so I can add/improve those for the next MAYOR version which I intend to release next week.

Here is the ver. 1.3.3 Beta change log:

- Nerfed Sith Lord's Skill 2 to Strike only 1,2,3,4 times instead of 1,3,5,7. Increased cooldown and mana cost.
- Nerfed Spectre's Skil 2: Now steals 20,25,30,40 life/sec. instead of 40,60,80,100. Slows 15% instead of 20%.
- Nerfed Spectre's Ultimate: Slows up to 25% instead of 55%, smaller radius, increased mana cost and cooldown.
- Nerfed Ignus (Magnataur) Shockwave now does less damage to enemies right next to the hero.
- Partial Remake of Jedi Master: Changed "Force Shield" to "Lightsaber Throw", Made "Jedi Reflexes" Passive and nerfed it a little bit.
- Partial Remake of Sordit the Wich King: The all seeing eye is passive now, nerfed morgul blade to do less damage, ulti no longer damages the hero.
- Nerfed Pagan Lord Skill 2: Increased mana cost and cooldown.
- Nerfed Pagan Lord Skill 3: Increased cooldown, reduced move speed bonus a little bit and added mana cost (thanks frozthog).
- Added detailed information on Pagan's Skill descriptions (thanks frozthog).
- New model, effects and skill 2 for Broodmother. Now has a Web very similar but not exactly like Dota.
- Added Ingwe's Balanar (Beta) now melee, with modified model, skin and effects.
- Nerfed Sniper Skill 1's explosion to have less radius and stun, it was too easy for sniper to scape.
- Nerfed Demon Slayer Skill 1, slow lasts one second less on all levels.
- Fixed Damage on Phantom Lancer's Skill 1. (thanks frozthog)
- Buffed Arcane Sorcerer to fit the latest version of Dota's Silencer and Harbringer.
- Fixed Mixturer Skill 2 not to cancel if the heroe moves. (thanks frozthog)
- Nerfed Omega's (Thinker) regen and distance.
- Changed Minotaur Skill 3 to be exactly like Dota.
- Changed icons, skills and stats to reflect the latest version of Dota (6.68B) released a few days ago.

Enjoy and give feedback if you want better and more balanced heroes.

Last edited Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 am | Scroll up

RE: Dota Heroes 1.3.3 File Upload for Testing

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:02 am
by ifrit21 Moderator of Newerth | 516 Posts

nicely done man ill begin testing

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 am
by mitoDrocka Recruit of Newerth | 66 Posts

juz testing only balanar..looks good..but the ulti..is it working?
p/s: i think u forget to pack along some npc model like prev version
http://www.filefront.com/17022359/resources0091.s2z

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 am
by -}Z{- Artist of Newerth | 372 Posts

nice work

begin testing today

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:42 am
by jonathan3c Whelp of Newerth | 60 Posts

testing it right now...
BTW... Sithlord is better now... =)
the old sith lord was too imba! LOL

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Zitat von mitoDrocka

Yeah! Thank you very much!

I always forget because I am still using ver. 1.2.9 of HON to do the Heroes. And that version still has those models in the NPC folder.

I only made the cosmetic changes to balanar, His skills and 99% of the hero was made by Ingwe so congrats to him!

I think his ulti is working partially, it buffs balanar's move and attack speeds but I am not sure about it buffing the other skills and it doesn't reduce the view distance like it should. Sadly right now I am dedicating all my free time into balancing and testing, I don't have much time for fixing complex skills. Maybe Ifrit and Ingwe can finish Balanar, Also I think Z is working on Doombringer.

Last edited Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 pm | Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Zitat von jonathan3c
testing it right now...
BTW... Sithlord is better now... =)
the old sith lord was too imba! LOL

Yeah, his 2nd skill was the only imba, now he hits a lot less (4 times instead of 7) and if you play smart you can easily defeat him... PS: Also he uses a lot of mana now, you won't see him spamming his skills anymore.

Last edited Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:17 pm | Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:40 am
by mitoDrocka Recruit of Newerth | 66 Posts

Zitat von pureevil29

Zitat von mitoDrocka

Yeah! Thank you very much!

I always forget because I am still using ver. 1.2.9 of HON to do the Heroes. And that version still has those models in the NPC folder.

I only made the cosmetic changes to balanar, His skills and 99% of the hero was made by Ingwe so congrats to him!

I think his ulti is working partially, it buffs balanar's move and attack speeds but I am not sure about it buffing the other skills and it doesn't reduce the view distance like it should. Sadly right now I am dedicating all my free time into balancing and testing, I don't have much time for fixing complex skills. Maybe Ifrit and Ingwe can finish Balanar, Also I think Z is working on Doombringer.

btw good job guys!(pureevil, ingwe, and Z)

now almost heroes slot were filled..hoping for doombringer..cheers

yeah balanar need more fixing and tweaking for some of his skills,broodmother web also, nvm its beta right?..but others still hot!

p/s: don't forget to include npc folder in final relase >_<

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 am

Zitat

btw good job guys!(pureevil, ingwe, and Z)

now almost heroes slot were filled..hoping for doombringer..cheers

yeah balanar need more fixing and tweaking for some of his skills,broodmother web also, nvm its beta right?..but others still hot!

p/s: don't forget to include npc folder in final relase >_<

No problem, thanks for your feedback!

PS: you forgot to mention Ifrit, I think he is the best bugs fixer of us all...

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 am
by .GL. Coder of Newerth | 240 Posts

It's really nice to see balance tweaking but I still think that Sordit is just too strong -_-

The thing is that this hero doesn't seem to have any noticeable weakness. His attributes and attribute gain are above average, his skills are really usefull and his movement speed is higher than average. His ult and his +damage skill give him incredible burst damage and apply slow so target has almost zero chance to get out without getting all +damage strikes. His high movement speed makes it really hard to get away, his ult gives him even further advantage and his early attackactiontime makes it possible to orbwalk for further effect. His 2nd skill makes it hard to kill him with any ability-based hero while his 3rd gives him an upper hand over autoattack-based ones.

Overall I feel like he does too many things way too good. He's almost impossible to shutdown early game, he instagibs almost everything midgame and he has a decent late game IMO. Still instaban for me =(

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Zitat von .GL.
It's really nice to see balance tweaking but I still think that Sordit is just too strong -_-

Overall I feel like he does too many things way too good. He's almost impossible to shutdown early game, he instagibs almost everything midgame and he has a decent late game IMO. Still instaban for me =(

Ok, some stats and speed nerfs as well, I nerfed the damage on his first skill but now I will also nerf his poison slow.

Please remember that he is basically a mix of Nerubian which in Dota is also good at almost everything, in fact for me Nerubian with his mana burn is even more anoying...

Being a mix of 3 heroes (Nerubian/viper/enchantress)... of course he is good at almost anything... but he is still not as good as an intelligence hero in the beggining or other agility heroes in the end... in my experience he dies pretty quickly too... I have seen ranged heroes raping him since he is got NO misile/ranged attacks, he es one of the few heroes that is 100% Melee only! That is his main weak spot. Ranged nukes, ranged stuns and a few wards and he is going nowhere! ;)

But you are totally right about his stats, they will recieve a heavy stats nerf, move speed nerf as well as nerf to his first skill slow.

I cannot nerf his other skills as there are already other heroes in Hon with similar yet more powerfull skills.

Thanks for your feedback! I will implement the changes you suggest.... now review the other heroes please :)

EDIT: I nerfed Wich king's stats with the following:

-Base damage from 31/41 to 30/35
-Strength from 22 to 20 and gain from 2.2 to 2.1
-Agility from 20 to 19 and gain from 2.5 to 2.4
-Move speed from 310 to 300
-Armor from 2 to 1

Last edited Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 am | Scroll up

RE:

in DotA Heroes Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Speaking of balance - it's not about individual skills being balanced I believe, it's synergy that they have impacts gameplay a lot ;) Imagine Andromeda with Magebane's blink - swap and blink out for safe initiation. Give hag's blink to soulstealer or behemoth... I think you can't justify balance with "there's a skill with the same power on other hero and it's ok". I'd sure give a try to next version of balance patch anyway =) Movement speed nerf will be really nice - it really changes hero feel usually.

Here's an idea btw - make his 1st skill a lot more noticeable with some distinct sound and effect so people will be aware of potential damage spike. ;)

Now on jedi/sith. I still think they're overpowered to the point of being broken. I played a test game with tri-lane against those 2 guys and well... you can call it 15 minute concede ;)

Scroll up

RE:

in DotA Heroes Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Zitat von .GL.
Speaking of balance - it's not about individual skills being balanced I believe, it's synergy that they have impacts gameplay a lot ;) Imagine Andromeda with Magebane's blink - swap and blink out for safe initiation.

Now on jedi/sith. I still think they're overpowered to the point of being broken. I played a test game with tri-lane against those 2 guys and well... you can call it 15 minute concede ;)

Yeah I understand, but blink is imba on 99% of the heroes anyway. Most of the new heroes do have scape mechanisms, but only one... not two.

Now about Wich King synergy, just compare to Nerubian....

Nerubian has a ranged Stun
Wich King has a melee Slow
A 4 sec. Ranged stun is more powerfull than a 6 sec. melee slow. (both do the same damage, but nerubian's stun does it at once and wich king takes some seconds to deliver all the damage.
Nerubian Wins

Nerubian has minions (up to 8) that silence for 3 sec. each and also do damage!
Wich King damages and silences for 2.5 seconds max.
Being silenced for 3 sec. by each minion up to 8 times (24 sec total) is worst than being silenced 2.5 sec.
Nerubian Wins

Nerubian has a ranged mana burn that does damage.
Wich King Slows its attackers attack speed by 25% max (it is 80% in Dota's Enchantres)
Having no mana and taking damage from a far range is worst than attacking 25% slower IMO.
Nerubian Wins

Nerubian's ulti is the same.
It is a tie.

And now the Wich king has even worst stats than Dota's nerubian....

I think you now see in perspective the "synergy" of his skills.

About Jedi/Sith, they are powerfull but give me suggestions on what to reduce on them!

Both will have Stats nerfs for sure... but besides that?

Their ultis burn half of their mana if not more.

All their skills use ALOT of mana.

Suggestions?

Last edited Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:20 pm | Scroll up

RE:

in DotA Heroes Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeh, blink example is a bit extreme =)

About nerf suggestions... I'm not sure and it's very hard to say how it will affect character but here's couple of suggestions for jedi
1. Making him disarmed and take away his passive when his sword is away? I'd even make projectile fly a bit slower so he won't get it back way too fast ;)
2. Turn his passive into a cast that applies 1-2 second status of 20-80% damage return.
3. Nerf his int and int gain a bit.

And why does he have 2 escape mechanisms?

Ok, about sith i actually believe almost every of his abilities is way too strong:
1. Requirement is way too easy to meet - it's just killing all invis heroes. And it gives scaling anti-carry ability with this decent dodge chance.
2. his 2ndt skill needs toning down to below ult level I believe ;) I'm not sure how it works (sometimes it seems to do extra teleport, damage varies greatly, sometimes it hits aaoe and sometimes it doesnt't) but getting 200-300 (sometimes it seems to hit harder than that) damage for 1 strike is kinda overkill. And it costs only 100 mana... yeh, he has low intelligence but everything else is passive, he does not have any mana problems...
3. Passive aura with hefty radius that damages everything inside and applies movement slow. It makes impossible to get saway from this guy or heal when he's around. his high movement speed adds to the problem. Btw this images effect when entering aura looks really nice =)

Just look at all those skills - I'd give a major nerfbat strike to all of those ;) May be it's just an overwhelming feeling of playing against him but atm it's way over the top. Here's few quick suggestions
ability#1 Make evasion conditional and make requirement harder to meet. Above 50% is kinda evil.
ability#2 higher mana cost and lower cast radius. Damage needs toning down as well I believe
ability#3 lower radius, make it active so he has to use mana on it and what really needs to be done is to change it from damage to changehealth so it won't destroy all healing and regen items.
Another issue is movement speed again... We need to test it all to see what works and wht doesn't %)

Scroll up

RE:

in DotA Heroes Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Nerfed Sith Lord:

Skill 1 Nerf: Activation when enemy has below 40% of health, before it was activated at below 60%.

Skill 2 Nerf: Damage from 100-150 to 70-140, that is a max damage of ~400 if all strikes hit the same target at max level. Jump distance from 500 to 400. Mana cost to 145 on max level.

Skill 3 Nerf: It no longer damages enemies in the aura's range. It can be activated/deactivated now, if activated it will consume mana slowly.

Skill 4: The same.

Movement speed from 320 to 310.

Nerfed Jedi Master:

Skill 1 Nerf: During the lightsaber throw the Jedi is disarmed

Skill 2 Nerf: Reduced jump range by 100.

Skiil 3 Nerf: + attack speed from 40% max to 35% max.

Stats nerfs:

Agility gain from 2.5 to 2.4

Int. from 19 to 18

Int. gain from 1.9 to 1.8

And that is about all you asked... nerfing them more will make them useless in my opinion...

What about Spectre, Pagan, Broodmother and Minotaur now?

Last edited Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 770 topics and 5923 posts.