HON 1.2.6 FULL (DOTA HEROES VERSION)

in DotA Heroes Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:35 pm
by pureevil29 Master Sergeant of Newerth | 248 Posts

I've just uploaded a fully patched HON 1.2.6 LAN by Sordit with the latest version of DOTA HEROES+.

Why a whole separated download? The main reason is to reduce the confusion of new players trying to get the dota heroes to work on the lastest versions of HON Lan by Sordit. But also because some things were added/modified so they require a full download, some of them include:

- Dota Heroes in a separate file, now if you want to delete all/some Dota Heroes all you need to do is delete the resource001 file or enter it with winrar and delete the individual heroe/heroes you do not want.

- New background for the main menu that is not so imbasive. LAN is in small fonts and Sordit's name Melts with the background, please note that it includes a "valmont" nickname, that is my playing name.

- All fixes up to version 1.2.6 are installed. (no need for aditional patches right now).

- It includes a reworked version of Rampage that is as close as retail as posible with all the coding limitations of version 1.28.

- It includes all the latest description, texture, animations, skills and balance fixes of the Dota and the aditional new Heroes (details inside the HON folder)

- All the Dota Heroes, New Heroes and Fixed Heroes are activated and available in this version! (that is more than 19 aditional heroes).

- 99% of Items fixed and available!

This is meant to be an Extract and Play release, you get all the new heroes and all the updates with one big download.

Rampage Skill 1 Limitations: Once cast you cannot cancel the attack, if the target dies while in mid charge you can move at will and still get the bonuses of movespeed, damage and stun, to prevent abuses of that the ability lasts for 35 seconds now. Skill 2 gives you a fixed amount of aditional damage instead of based on speed but it also buffs nearby allies to compensate.

NOTE: If you do not like Dota/Custom Heroes then DO NOT download this. Download Sordit's latest version wich has most Dota Heroes disabled.
On the other side, If you WANT Dota Heroes with nearly retail quality to complement/enhance you HON experience then DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!

Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/16670057/Heroes...%20%28DH%29.rar

Enjoy

PS: After making 14 Dota Heroes, 3 New Heroes and Fixing Rampage as best as posible, I announce my retirement for some time to take exams and concentrate on my work, I might get back into action later on and I will visit the forums regulary ;)

Scroll up

RE: HON 1.2.6 FULL (DOTA HEROES VERSION)

in DotA Heroes Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 am
by ashirogi Leecher of Newerth | 1 Post

can't we have 1.2.1 to 1.2.6 patch + dota heroes enabled instead? thanks

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:41 am
by CaitSith1.1 Master Chief(117) of Newerth | 321 Posts

Good job pureevil^^

Jutsu!! PANDA MAYHEM!!!

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:44 am

Zitat von ashirogi

I've changed the way the HON files are stored in this version so it is easier to have mods/other heroes and you can install/unistall them with ease..
That is why it is whole release.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 am

Zitat von pureevil29

Zitat von ashirogi

I've changed the way the HON files are stored in this version so it is easier to have mods/other heroes and you can install/unistall them with ease..
That is why it is whole release.

I forgot to mention that the reason for this to exist is that there are players who want to play HON on LAN with DOTA HEROES, and it is easier for them to tell their friends to download this and play directly instead of having to download the lastest version of Dota Heroes, Latest version of Sordit LAN, latest patches and then enable each new hero manually.

Do not get me wrong, this IS Sordit's 1.2.6 version of HON LAN, but packed so that you can play right away with the DOTA Heroes, that is the only diference. I did all the patching and other work for you. This could be considered as a Mirror for HON LAN.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 am
by Sordit Admin of Newerth | 475 Posts

Oh btw I inlcuded the dota heroes from you pack into the stringtables of the new patch. So you can just copy over the herofiles and no need to edit the stringtables.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Zitat von Sordit
Oh btw I inlcuded the dota heroes from you pack into the stringtables of the new patch. So you can just copy over the herofiles and no need to edit the stringtables.

Great! I just modified Rampage Skill 1 description so that it better fits his re-worked skill.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:06 pm
by -}Z{- Artist of Newerth | 372 Posts

i just wanna say thanks and a job well done to pureevil for all his efforts

i really wish i had skill like you to help you edit and create heroes

maybe you could just help me to learn and tell me what programs you use to make the dota heroes and i could carry on your work for you

if you dont mind ofcourse

great job!

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 pm
by .GL. Coder of Newerth | 240 Posts

It's 90% notepad :p rest is photoshop I guess =)
Read *.entity files, think about what skill does and you'll get the idea. Make a backup copy and experiment, you'll get the basics pretty soon ;)

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Zitat von .GL.
It's 90% notepad :p rest is photoshop I guess =)
Read *.entity files, think about what skill does and you'll get the idea. Make a backup copy and experiment, you'll get the basics pretty soon ;)

That is right, I use no other tools, you can also use GIMP or Paint.net as free photoshop replacements.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:41 pm
by jvt619 Veteran of Newerth | 113 Posts

btw can some1 change Sordit the Witch King into Sordit.... cuz i dont see heroes folder on HoN/game=.=

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Zitat von jvt619
btw can some1 change Sordit the Witch King into Sordit.... cuz i dont see heroes folder on HoN/game=.=

Heroes names are a minor thing, "the Witch King" is there so that new players can understand the concept of the heroe, without it is like naming just "DAVION" to the "DRAGON KNIGHT". (the Witch King=Dragon Knight) It is important to understand what the heroe is about.

PLEASE, PLEASE PEOPLE... DON'T AKS FOR SMALL STUPID RELATIVE STUFF, concentrate on the important issues first, otherwise YOU are wasting YOUR time and OURS.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Admiral bug.
Skill #1.
Description: Oncast skill effect is visible to the enemy (unless you're casting from fog of war I think)

Suggestion: Check Deadwood, I think his skill #1 is visible for allies only. If it fails I suggest removing effect entirely. ;)

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:04 pm
by Sordit Admin of Newerth | 475 Posts

Zitat von .GL.
Admiral bug.
Skill #1.
Description: Oncast skill effect is visible to the enemy (unless you're casting from fog of war I think)

Suggestion: Check Deadwood, I think his skill #1 is visible for allies only. If it fails I suggest removing effect entirely. ;)

FIRST: This belongs into the "Bugreports for DotA/Custom Heroes"-Forum

SECOND: If you download the latest release of the DotA-Heroes the casteffect is already removed.

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:03 am

Zitat von Sordit

Zitat von .GL.
Admiral bug.
Skill #1.

FIRST: This belongs into the "Bugreports for DotA/Custom Heroes"-Forum

SECOND: If you download the latest release of the DotA-Heroes the casteffect is already removed.

Yeh, me bad %)
I got FIRST a bit later, when noticed dota heroes bugreport in main menu but it was already too late to edit post and I got SECIND soon after %))

Last edited Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:03 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 770 topics and 5923 posts.