[Work in progress] Stormspirit port

in DotA Heroes Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:55 pm
by .GL. Coder of Newerth | 240 Posts

I've been working on a stormspirit port for some time but it's still far from being completed. I got skills to work but I intend to remake 2nd skill and the way I got his ult to work is pretty retarded as well %)

Disclaimer: current version is for testing purposes only. Ult is available at level one, some status effects are not put in I believe and duration and damage may vary greatly (I alter them to be noticeable during testing and forget about them later sometims)

I intend it to be direct port but i never played DoTA and site I used doesn't give full info I believe. So, any notes on missing mechanics are welcome.

Another thing is that I really don't want him to be a minor reskin of existing unit so I toyed with blender and result is... well... not perfect. May be I suck or may be import/export script is bugged but I can't seem to do animation for him >_>

I put it here because I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it since I have some real life stuff coming up. So it's here just in case anyone want to contribute or finish this hero

Attachment:
Scroll up

RE: [Work in progress] Stormspirit port

in DotA Heroes Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 pm
by -}Z{- Artist of Newerth | 372 Posts

i can give you a storm spirit i already have working if you like?

it was hard for me to fix her ultimate by i finaly fixed it

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:29 pm
by ifrit21 Moderator of Newerth | 516 Posts

upload it man i want to see it

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Zitat von -}Z{-
i can give you a storm spirit i already have working if you like?

it was hard for me to fix her ultimate by i finaly fixed it

I believe this version I posted is actually playable and really close to dota (except instant casts during flight) the only thing I can't get done is custom model and animation

Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:44 pm
by -}Z{- Artist of Newerth | 372 Posts

heres a pretty good fix for storm spirit

i worked my ass off fixing it geting her to teleport with the ultimate

so i used similar to dark lady charge and it works now well

enjoy :)

Attachment:

Last edited Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:01 pm | Scroll up

in DotA Heroes Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Ohhhh......

Tbh I really don't understand why did you make this version when my actually works...... The only thing it lacks is aesthetic part - I want to make unique model and animation and I suck at blender. Skill #2 in my version can use a slight fix as well since it uses force push instead projectile bind and thus distance traveled may differ a bit.

And actually about your version. this string
<distance target="target_entity" source="proxy_entity" />
does not work, distance works only in condition test function in our version. In my version it works ok at least, the only problenm is that I managed it in a boring condition massing way.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 770 topics and 5923 posts.