HON crash 5v5 latest -Z- edition

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:20 pm
by Thenasd1 Part-Time Leecher of Newerth | 26 Posts

Hi guys
Yet another sucessfull Mayhem event with the latest version from -z-
I had bad luck tho on 5v5 my game kept crashing yet when we play a 1v1 or 2v2 its fine.
We tried everything anti virus etc etc yet no sucess.As soon as you get to the load screen once all picks are made it freezes then crash Obviously we could not read the crash report as it is encrypted.
Was a bummer for me missed out on all the action
- Funniest part is I played a full game when I first got to the event then POOF!! stopped working.
Im sure -z- Will find a solution - or maybe it was the damn network im stumped

Scroll up

RE: HON crash 5v5 latest -Z- edition

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 am
by -}Z{- Artist of Newerth | 372 Posts

hey Nasd

i have made some fixes and hopefully there will be no more bugs, iv been testing it with 3v3 and 4v4 and not one person has crashed as yet so im sure all we be fine now, and just a small hint..... we here at SOUTH AFRICA are using my -Z- edition not everybody so rather just PM me if you have some issues as to not get everybody else confused as they dont use my version

and thanks for getting back to me with the bugs

Z

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:22 pm
by pureevil29 Master Sergeant of Newerth | 248 Posts

Zitat von -}Z{-
hey Nasd

i have made some fixes and hopefully there will be no more bugs, iv been testing it with 3v3 and 4v4 and not one person has crashed as yet so im sure all we be fine now,

Z

I am having lots of crashes in my version too, what you did to fix yours?

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:51 am

well you see i was using exe from different versions so that when we go to lans people with the wrong version wont be able to join the game without having the same version as me

but that was causing major problems some how and decided to just go back to using the old exe version 1.28.0

and another thing with every new version that comes out try deleting your my documents heroes of newerth folder

as we get new patches and the old cache files are still in the documents folder which causes crashes

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:21 pm
by pureevil29 Master Sergeant of Newerth | 248 Posts

Thanks Z, I actually fixed the crashes by optimizing all of my HON including the Dota Heroes...

- I deleted the unused files (At least 40 unused files and 10MB of space)
- I reduced the texture size of some of the skins. (7 Custom textures reduced from 1-2 MB to 256kb and 30MB reduction)
- I reduced the size of some sounds that were bigger than 1MB.
- I optimized some of the skills, reduced some of the overused effects.

So far so good, no more crashes in 4 tests, and I was able to load more than 24 heroes at once while before I was only hable to load 10 or so.

But we need to be more carefull in general to keep it as clean and as optimized as posible not to run into this problems in the future!

I will try the deletion of my HON folder in my documents for even further optimizations! Thanks!

Last edited Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:25 pm | Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:25 pm

ok cool il do the same

thanks

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 pm

mmm interesting maybe I should go the deltion route as well.
-z- I had a thought when i play HON i have to select my headphone sound driver in - sound options -
maybe that is what is confusing the exe. loading etc.
we will have to test before RAGE dont want to get stuck there with a non-functional HON.

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm

and just to be sure lets install windows7 ultimate on your machine aswell

im installing win7 on johns machine aswell cause he has some issues aswell

so think about it and let me know

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:46 pm
by azaznin Sergeant of Newerth | 171 Posts

different file types

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Zitat von azaznin
different file types

no not different file types?????

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 am
by dofeer101 Corporal of Newerth | 125 Posts

No crushes on my version so far..

Scroll up

in Bugreports/Blalancing Suggestions Usercreated Content Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Current game version working now with WINDOWS 7 damn you vista wiith all your problems lol :)
Im sure this topic can be closed now.
Thanks
Nasd

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 770 topics and 5923 posts.