[DotA] New Gold System?

in Spam Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm
by jvt619 Veteran of Newerth | 113 Posts

Zitat
From Icefrog:
I've confirmed that there were new heroes coming in 6.68, but there are also some new features coming. Here is a preview of a new gold mechanic that introduces the concept of Reliable vs Unreliable Gold.

"Reliable Gold" - Any bounty you get from hero kills or from the extra "aoe kill gold" bonus (feature from few patches ago) is added to your Reliable Gold pool.

"Unreliable Gold" - It is everything else (creep kills, neutrals, etc).

Dying can only take away gold from your Unreliable Gold pool and not from your Reliable Gold. Buying items uses up your Unreliable Gold first before using your Reliable Gold.

An example: You have 910 total gold (500 Unreliable, 410 Reliable). If you buy Boots of Speed, you'll have 410 total gold left (0 Unreliable, 410 Reliable). However, if you bought Chainmail, you would have 360 Reliable Gold left.

The process is seamless to the user, you won't have to do anything extra to make it work. Your total gold is still displayed in the same place. Your Reliable Gold is displayed in your scoreboard title.

This is a new experimental idea that may be adjusted and tweaked over time depending on feedback and results after it is released. As always, let me know anything you want to see in future versions.

1. What do you think of the new Gold System?
2. Will CopyCat S2 Copy this kind of New Gold System?
3. Do you want to play or test DotA's new gameplay?

Scroll up

RE: [DotA] New Gold System?

in Spam Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:49 pm
by muligan Sergeant of Newerth | 187 Posts

i dont think s2k copy this system bcs the system at the moment is fine

i try the new system in the upcoming dota version 6.68 with the new hero
bcs i love dota and it is an great mod for wc3 all modder knows that you cant
do too much with the editor but icefrog is able to make everything with his skills

to the new gold system i dont like it too much i get the idea and the idea is superb but
i think it is imbalanced bcs if you kill someone nobody can take that money away so that
ganker dont have gold problems anymore if they die bcs all they gold is saved

but we will see. i think the system will be changed to some maximum of gold
you can get as reliable gold so you cant get 6k gold and dont lose an drop of it

greets

Scroll up

in Spam Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 pm
by jvt619 Veteran of Newerth | 113 Posts

u got that right...IceFrog skills are beyond even the editor is too old but he still managed to edit some hard codings in that EDITOR!! NOW that he is in VALVE he now has an awesome engine that can create more and epic design than the WC3 editor=)!! sure hope Icefrog's new dota game will have more epic and awesome GAMEPLAY!!

Last edited Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 pm | Scroll up

in Spam Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:02 pm
by muligan Sergeant of Newerth | 187 Posts

hope so too this is one reason not to buy hon bcs i want to check out icefrogs
version of the new dota and i think he has a ton of ideas that he is gonna to imlement

greets

Scroll up

in Spam Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 pm
by richen Adjutant of Newerth | 371 Posts

LoL, ridiculous. Kill and not Die, if this little "bank" save your money will broke the stratergy u.u' Suicide to Kill 1 hero will be better u.u'

Scroll up

in Spam Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:42 am
by Versatile Whelp of Newerth | 55 Posts

Interesting gold concept system yes. If you are a great killer, you will have a HUGE reliable gold stack. :)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 770 topics and 5923 posts.